I try to answer all my mail that concerns self-harm but it
may take a few months. I sometimes don't see email addresses in
submissions, so if you want an answer, please mail me. If you don't include an
email address, you're totally anonymous. Thanks for sharing your
story; you help others feel less alone and increase understanding.
2. how do you self-injure most often? do you use other methods?
if so, what are they?
3. do you feel pain when you self-injure?
4.how do you feel before, during, after? how long does a session
5. do you have a ritual? what is it?
6. do drugs or alcohol play a role?
7. how do you know when it's time to stop a particular session?
8. do you have effective methods for stopping yourself? please
9. have you ever self-injured in front of anyone?
10. are you "out" about self-injury? how do you hide it? do you know
anyone else who does this?
11. if you have told people about your self-injury, how did you do it? how
did they react?
12. have you been medically treated for self-inflicted injuries? how
many times? what were the attitudes of the treatment providers like?
13. Have you taken medication to control your self-injury? What meds
(at what doses) worked best for you?
14. have you ever been hospitalized because of self-injury? what were
15. have you ever lost a therapist because s/he couldn't deal with your
16. what have been the consequences of self-injury in your life?
17. do you suffer from other disorders (anorexia, depression,
substance abuse, kleptomania, etc)? if so, what are they? you do
have a history of abuse or trauma>
is there anything you wanted to say but didn't find a place for?
please include your gender, age, age of first self-injury, and years of
if you know someone who does this, pass along the URL for this page.
if you'd rather not send this, just use your back button or left arrow
key to get off this page.